With CARESCAPE respiratory modules, you can be confident that you are adequately meeting your patient’s ventilatory demand, that the ET tube is correctly positioned, and that you are giving the right anaesthetics and the right dosages at the right time. CARESCAPE may help you to avoid lung trauma or complications thanks to enhanced data and early warnings.
CARESCAPE’s compact, integrated modules let you optimise workflow efficiency. With fewer connections and less equipment, you’ll save time on system checks, calibrations, changes and service. You will help reduce breathing circuit/gas monitoring downtime, and save space in the operating theatre.
Increased CARESCAPE monitor functionality:
- Integrated all-in-one gas modules - can be flexibly used with CARESCAPE monitors for intubated and non-intubated patients, from basic gas monitoring to lung mechanics.
- Single-width size - frees up valuable space in the CARESCAPE Monitor B650 to enable simultaneous use of the Entropy measurement module.
- Ventilation and anaesthesia delivery support - provides essential data including inspired and expired CO2, O2, N2O, anaesthetic agents, and, optionally, lung mechanics.
- Compatibility with other modules - helps provide a more complete picture of patient status during surgical procedures with Entropy and hemodynamic modules.
CARESCAPE Respiratory Modules, E-sCO(V), E-sCAio(V) features include:
- Very compact size, low weight and low power consumption
- Availability of four module versions to meet the needs of various care areas
- Measurement of airway gases by the sidestream method
- Sampling of all parameter values proximal at the patient’s airway with a single gas sampling line, D-lite(+)* or Pedi- lite(+) flow sensor, along with an additional Spirometry tube
- Breath-by-breath updating of Et and Fi values
- Fast oxygen measurement for accurate EtO2 and FiO2 values
- Automatic identification of anaesthetic agents
- Automatic detection of end inspiratory and end expiratory occlusions and display of values for Statis Plat, Static PEEPi+e and Static Compliance
- Calculated balance gas value for estimating the N2-concentration
The CARESCAPE family of compact airway modules is designed to support respiratory monitoring in anaesthesia and critical care areas. Depending on the module type, host device software version and the clinical application, they provide measurements of airway gases, anaesthetic agents with identification and Patient Spirometry.
- CO2 and N2O - GE infrared technology: Inspired and end-tidal values, CO2 waveform and respiration rate
- Respiration rate - calculated from the CO2 waveform
- Anaesthetic agents - GE infrared technology
- Measures and identifies all five agents and two agent mixtures: halothane, enflurane, isoflurane, sevoflurane and desflurane
- MAC (Minimum Alveolar Concentration)
- MACage with age, temperature and ambient pressure compensation
- Patient oxygen - GE paramagnetic oxygen (O2) technology: Inspired, end-tidal and Fi-Et difference, waveform
- Patient Spirometry - Designed to measure true patient values independent of the ventilator with GE-patented D-lite(+) and Pedi-lite(+) flow sensors and gas samplers at the patient airway
- Numerical values for airway pressure, minute and tidal volumes, compliance, airway resistance and I:E ratio values, and flow and airway pressure waveforms
- Continuous measurement of intrinsic, extrinsic and total PEEP
- Pressure-volume and flow-volume loops
- Ability to store and print up to six loops
- Recall saved loops to compare to current loop
- Module keys to save or change loop view
Read more: https://www.gehealthcare.co.uk/products/patient-monitoring/carescape-respiratory-modules